New York and London – November 3, 2015 – Teads, the inventors of outstream video advertising and a global monetization platform for publishers, today announced the release of its inRead Everywhere offering comprised of three new cross-screen video solutions. Teads developed these solutions to meet the growing demand from leading brands and agencies for premium, viewable, outstream video advertising at massive scale.
Teads’ new inRead Everywhere approach will support advertisers by offering more choice and better optimization when delivering video campaigns across smartphones, desktops and tablets. The move cements Teads’ position as the leading platform providing outstream video ads across all devices. The inRead Everywhere offering is comprised of 3 specific solutions:
- inRead 10: For advertisers seeking reach, engaged views, viewability and mobile optimization, inRead 10 only charges after at least 50% of the video has been in view on a user’s device for 10 seconds, regardless of the device. Unlike other 10 second video options, inRead 10 guarantees placement of ads within premium environments, not low-quality user-generated content and is sold on a CPV (10 second cost-per-view) basis.
- inRead Complete: For advertisers looking for viewable completed views sold on a CPCV (cost-per-completed-view) basis. Advertisers are only charged after at least 50% of the video had been in view for 30 seconds on desktop and 15 seconds on mobile. This ensures the highest viewability guarantee in the market and provides seamless cross-device native integration. As with inRead 10, this option sets the bar way above IAB viewability standards.
- inRead vCPM: Delivers the most cost-efficient reach and frequency for advertisers and agencies. inRead vCPM matches the IAB guidelines for viewability with impressions only charged after 50% of the player’s surface has been in view for 2 seconds.
Compared to alternative skippable pre-roll formats, inRead outperforms across a range of metrics, including purchase intent and brand favorability1. You can see all the results from a recent Teads commissioned Millward Brown study here.
Teads’ new inRead Everywhere formats come at an exciting time for the video advertising industry, signaling growing momentum for outstream video and a push towards delivering video advertising that is respectful of the user experience online. The number of brands launching video advertising campaigns continues to surge and publishers are seeking to create new video ad inventory to fulfil the demand.
In the U.S., digital video ad spend grew by 42% over the past year to total $7.46 billion in 2015. Within the next four years, that number is expected to nearly double, reaching over $13 billion by 20193. Outstream is taking a larger slice of this pie, as highlighted by the format being included as a stand-alone category in the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) / PwC Digital Ad Spend Study.
CEO of Teads, Bertrand Quesada, commented, “Teads prides itself on being the top innovator for video advertising formats and we’re excited to expand advertisers’ options for video with our new inRead Everywhere offering. As the leading platform allowing video advertising to be delivered within different types of content, on every device, we are arming brands with viewable-by-design video formats to reach their audiences within a premium context.”
“The reaction to our new inRead formats from the most prestigious publishers has been extremely positive. They are seeing consumers’ content consumption habits trend rapidly towards multiscreen with tablets and smartphones. With the Teads offering, advertisers now have a cross-device way to reach these users with high quality video ads on our publisher’s mobile sites and applications.”
With a monthly reach of 730 million unique visitors, the most global premium publishers are using Teads’ cross-screen outstream video solutions, including Conde Nast, Forbes, Reuters, Slate, The Telegraph, The Guardian, Le Monde, Die Welt, La Repubblica, Nikkei, amongst many others.
Notes to editors
- Source: Teads commissioned Millward Brown Study
- Source: IAB Digital Ad Spend 2014
- Source: AOL 2015 U.S. State of the Video Industry Report
Teads, founded in 2011, is the inventor of outstream video advertising and a global monetization platform for publishers. Publishers work with Teads to create brand new video inventory and manage their existing inventory, monetizing it through programmatic buying, their own sales force, or third parties.
Teads’ outstream video advertising solutions encompasses a series of formats inserted deep into media content, like the inRead playing inside articles. It is changing the game within the video advertising market by creating unprecedented levels of premium inventory, which did not exist before.
Brands and agencies can access this top-tier, premium inventory, available on the web and on mobile, through programmatic or managed services. Through its managed services capabilities, the Teads team execute on their client’s behalf using its platform. Brands such such as Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Samsung, General Motors, Hyundai-Kia, Microsoft, Cartier, Breitling and Emirates, amongst many others rely on Teads outstream video advertising solutions to reach their target audiences.
Teads has a team of over 400 employees, 100 of which are in the innovation team, across 26 offices in 18 countries.
FOR MORE INFO AND INTERVIEWS CONTACT: